Your Dream Home
Here is a list of 25 questions that we feel will help you to narrow down the details you want and need in a home. We are here to help if you would like some advice and guidance from us. We love the area and know it well and know in detail what is on the market.
- Are you pre-approved for a mortgage?
- What is your price range?
- Are you willing to do some renovations?
- Do you want to be in one of our charming villages or out in the woods?
- Do you know the specific town or village you want to live in?
- Do you need schools to be nearby?
- Do you want to live with easy access to an interstate highway?
- How important is the view?
- Do you want to have a large yard to maintain?
- Is a water feature important (stream, pond, lake, river)?
- Are you more comfortable with a one-story, two-story, townhouse or condo?
- Would you like to live in a historic home?
- How many bedrooms?
- How many bathrooms?
- Do you want a guest room?
- Do you prefer hardwood or carpets?
- What architecture styles do you like best?
- Would you consider an open floor plan?
- Do you need any special features for your pets?
- Do you need wheelchair access?
- Do you need a one or two-car garage?
- Do you want to be able to walk to local amenities?
- Do you want to be close to a ski area?
- Would you prefer a deck or a porch?
- Do you need special storage for toys (boat, skimobile, ATV, etc.)?
You should also take time to rank specific home features as “Must Have,” “Like to Have” or “Don’t Care” using this checklist. To identify your priorities will help you find your dream home.
Once you know what you’re looking for in a home, you’ll be ready to work with us to find homes that match your criteria and to use our expertise to negotiate a price. We look forward to working with you!